Sunday 18 January 2015

Knowing my limitations....

Slow down, you move too fast you
got to make the morning last
kicking down the cobblestones
looking for fun and feelin groovy...

Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life I love you all is groovy


Simon and Garfunkel

It ended up being a full on day on Friday. Hmm we were not quite as organised as we thought. The plan was that I would spend a couple of hours just kind of overseeing things and then I would leave for the hotel and have a little manicure by late morning. Well the weather conditions on Friday didn't exactly lend themselves to everything being as smooth as the radio station and there were inevitable holdups with the van runs to the storage warehouse. This and just other things which cropped up meant that at 8.30 that evening I was still in the house. It was the final rush to get out and let the new family in. My God I nearly went into meltdown. I was utterly spent. I could barely walk by the time I got to the hotel and my brain function was probably running on about 10 per cent.

Lesson learned? I have not let go of my will to control as much as I had previously thought. It truly was an eye opener. I put my health through hell for nothing. I laughed as I thought about, there I am blogging about  putting things into perspective and not using energy in the wrong way etc etc and then voila I am doing it all. I t was good to be able to recognise that. To recognise that the ability to slip back into old thinking patterns can be far too easy. Now, don't get me wrong the day was not in any way terrible. We laughed and had fun and all the rest of it. However, I simply overlooked what is crucial...my immediate health.

I am glad of the experience as always I thought I should share.


Thanking all who helped with the move on Friday. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment