Monday 12 January 2015

The difference a day makes....


 “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.”
Alphonse Karr, A Tour Round My Garden





I am very happy to be able to report that my health has improved greatly. Since signing myself out of hospital things changed massively, but I still was very far from being me. However, I am delighted to say that in these last few days I have come yet further. I have been weaning down from the steroids and I had my last one yesterday. I managed this weekend to get a lot of sleep. I literally was getting an average of about 2 hours every 24 hours. I have always believed in the power of sleep. I am now getting,  nowhere near the normal, but a hell of a lot more. I am convinced that it has helped greatly. I have also due to reduced steroids stopped craving junk and am back to fresh food. This can only help.

My actual ability to communicate is incredibly strong and whilst this had been counterbalanced by a very weak body which really could do very little,  I definitely feel like my physical abilities are returning. This is all great. I just an hour ago had my wheelchair delivered and its fab. I would not have thought just weeks ago that my vanity would allow me to go out in a wheelchair, but I was wrong. I do not want to be housebound I want to live, I want to enjoy going out and if that means in a wheelchair then that's totally fine.

So I move out of this house this week and in true LG fashion I have been let down by the mortgage people. Therefore I am moving to my amazing friends hotel for a couple of weeks and then at the end of the month we will all be in the new house. I am excited as I said the other day I have many cushions to buy. Well they are bought and my love of aesthetics knows no bounds so I say my life is great right now. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment