Tuesday 27 January 2015

Unexpected news...



The best things in life are unexpected - because there were no expectations.

 Eli Khamorov

Well I met with my consultant this morning and it was not as I had predicted. I had gone in to discuss me not having the scan, when I put this to her I obviously asked was it the case that radiotherapy had been my final option. The answer was no!. There are in fact a couple of chemotherapies for brain tumours. My Consultant was very honest about the limitations of these. Firstly there is no guarantee they would work. Secondly statistically (remember how much attention I pay to these) chemo would prolong my life by months not years. So interesting stuff.

The down side of course is that chemo is no easy option when you are at your most healthy. My health is far from what it was a few months ago. Therefore I would really have to consider the risks of how ill I could become. I am pragmatic, I would very carefully consider the greater good of my quality of life ( I know now that quality far outweighs quantity). I will keep in mind how harsh my first chemo was and how I vowed I would never go through the same again.

Anyway Tracey and I spent the day between clinic, lunch and picking up prescriptions laughing from the heart. I am in a good place this evening and hoping for a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment